Friday 3 August 2007

Dreaded Decorating.

I don't know about you but I loathe decorating. We both do to be fair and a simple 2 day job can last weeks or even months as we constantly procrastinate and disagree over new designs.

The last thing we decorated was the study, it used to be Jonathan's nursery- he is 10 now so that gives you an idea of how long it took us to do something with it. I do hasten to add that Jonathan moved out of that room into a bigger one about 7 years ago so as not to endure the Teletubbies a moment longer than he had to!-

I've got to admit that it was worth the wait and I am pleased with the final result-













I even made my own canvasses to hang on the wall of the dogs- and matched the colour to the paint -aubergine.














But now I'm on holiday from work I thought it the ideal time to start the hall, stairs and landing. It has looked awful for ages now in it's hideous bright red state that makes it so dark and depressing.

We started scraping the layers of paint away and the wall underneath was in a terrible state, it would have needed plastering which we can do without so we have decided to wallpaper it now to cover up the blemishes.

I chose some today and it looks nice, I have done all the glossing I have to paint the ceiling now then i can hang the paper. Watch this space for updates!

1 comment:

Canadian Power said...

Better you than me!! I enjoy picking out colours and things to go in a room but when it comes to the actual painting at putting together forget it! I HATE wallpaper too. When I was in college I lived with an older couple and every inch was wallpapered EVEN the BATHROOM! Atleast you can decorate we're not supposed to do to much here because it's rented. Can't wait to see the finished product!-Sophia