Friday 7 September 2007

Jonah seems to be feeling better.


You may remember me telling you that Jonah was diagnosed with diabetes at the end of July.

Since his diagnosis he has been very up and down, but mainly down.

This week however he seems to have perked up 10 fold- he hasn't managed a walk for a fortnight but tonight he has gone with Mark up the road to the field and according to Mark was like a pup again.

I started back to work last Monday and have had
him fed, watered and injected by 7.30, we are then
repeating the meal and shot 12 hours later.
I really think this timing is just right for himWe have begun adding some canned dog meat-pedigree chum- to his kibble as he lost his appetite and began losing weight-he adores it and eats with vigour.

I am so pleased that he is feeling better and looking and acting a lot more like his old self... love you Jonah-boy X

3 comments:

Canadian Power said...

You're feeding him dog meat!! Does he know?? I hope it's not anyone related to him! LOL, just kidding! Winnie enjoys that sometimes too. Now this is the Vet Tech in me talking, but try to make sure not to give him to much. You might even want to try adding in some rice for him.

kate Flynn said...

We are only giving him 1 small can aday in 2 halves- some days i give him steamed veg to bulk out his meal and add different tastes or sometimes it's just kibble with a cup of warm gravy over it- i am trying to vary it to keep his appetite up, but any advice is welcome- thanks Sophie :0)

Canadian Power said...

I'd just hate to see him get the poopies ontop of everything else. The schedule thing is very important too. If that works for him try to stick to it. We've got canned food here called I/d it's a bland mixed but Winnie absolutely loves it and it's good for her. For his age I would try less meat and more veg. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions I might not be able to answer them but I can point you in the right direction.